T: +49 8121 2248–0
D-85661 Forstinning n. Munich
Cranes: we know the ropes.
That is important to us. After all, although we are now one of Europe's largest crane service companies, we practice our culture as a family-owned business. We place enormous emphasis on partnership in our dealings and maintain personal relationships, particularly with our customers. Take this opportunity to get to know us.
BKL NEWS.There's always something to report at BKL. Catch up on the most important BKL news, for example on novel cranes, reports on special operations, events and the latest BKL messages.
About BKL.Founded in 1969, BKL specialises in crane hire, sales and service, with over 50 years in the business. The foundation of our success are approximately 300 employees at six locations and our fleet of cranes. More than 500 tower cranes from 13 to 1000mt from the top European manufacturers Linden Comansa, Liebherr, Potain, Wolffkran and Cattaneo, as well as over 100 all terrain mobile cranes right up to 700 tonne giants and over 15 MKs up to MK140, make it one of the largest, most state-of-the-art hire fleets in Europe. However, BKL customers do not merely benefit from the wide selection of young machines – which are less prone to breakdowns – but also first and foremost from our expert advice and comprehensive service. BKL offers a bespoke turnkey package of crane services, from erection to transportation, right through to our 24-hour emergency response.
- Jörg Hegestweiler
- Robert Popp
Picture: Alexander Volz (Chairman of the Advisory Board)
With cranes all over Germany and Europe, here is an overview of our strategic locations:
T: +49 8121 2248–0
T: +49 841 881315–300
T: +49 8031 2261040
Am Eschengrund 5
T: +49 69 1534784–400
T: +49 511 3881908–600
T: +49 5121 9313-0
- » 1969: Jürgen Volz starts off in Munich by distributing Edilmac top-slewing cranes, soon branching out to self-erecting cranes by Edilmac and Ferro.
- » 1980: The comprehensive hire fleet of tower cranes continues to grow.
- » 1990: Raimondi top-slewing cranes are added to the hire fleet. BKL now erects cranes all over Germany.
- » 1994: Beginning of the partnership with Luigi Cattaneo S.p.A.
- » 1995: Alexander Volz takes over executive management of the company.
- » 1999: The mobile fleet is extended to include 300 tonne cranes for erections and hire (new service)
- » 2001: Liebherr cranes are also added to the fleet
- » 2010: The first regional office opens in Frankfurt am Main.
- » 2011: Manufacturer-independent focus with 50 new cranes from Comansa, Liebherr, Potain, Wolffkran and Cattaneo. BKL tower cranes are now also located in Hanover.
- » 2012: BKL launches the BKL System Cattaneo as exclusive distributor for Germany and Austria
- » 2014: The fourth BKL location opens in Ingolstadt.
- » 2018: The fifth BKL location opens in Rosenheim. BKL presents its new German App "Mein BKL".
- » 2019: For its 50th anniversary, BKL remains on a growth track: with the new location Hildesheim, tower cranes over 1000 metric tonnes and more than 600 cranes in the rental fleet.
- » 2020: With the first LTM 1650-8.1 in Germany, the crane specialist now offers mobile cranes up to 700 tonnes for hire. BKL is awarded multiple times for innovation and growth.
- » 2021: BKL Frankfurt moves into its brand new building.
BKL has also impressed the juries of prestigious innovation and business awards. In 2021, we were once again listed as one of Germany's 15 most innovative SMEs in the ranking published by WirtschaftsWoche magazine. In 2020, we were named a “Top Innovator 2020” and one of “Bavaria's Best 50”, in addition to winning the “Grand Prix of Medium-Sized Enterprises”. These accolades motivate us to promote new, groundbreaking developments day in, day out, to offer the best possible service for your projects.
This means that, at BKL, you can be sure of getting the highest service quality and maximum safety, whether you are looking to hire a tower or mobile crane, need transportation including management of all necessary permits or utilise our range of services from erection through to repairs and maintenance.
We are a hive of activity. The latest BKL press releases and operation reports are available for journalists here.
Jobs & Apprenticeships.
If you want to reach the top and achieve great things, why not join our team in Munich, Frankfurt, Hanover, Ingolstadt or Rosenheim? We offer excellent prospects, for example as an
- » electrician/mechatronic engineer (m/f) in Forstinning near Munich, Frankfurt or Hanover
- » Apprentice mechatronic engineer for construction machinery (m/f) in Forstinning near Munich
Our app 'Mein BKL' offers numerous useful, crane-related functions and services while on the go. Find the right tower or mobile crane, plus the technical specifications, for your building requirements, your personal BKL lift contact or tailored crane services – easily, free of charge and at the touch of a button.
Available for iOS (from version 10) and Android (from version 5.0)
Download our catalogues and flyers, as well as useful forms for all aspects of crane operation: